Missoni

March 28, 2009

March Madness

IMG_6464

Antifreeze by Jenna Adorno.
Knit in Malabrigo Merino Worsted, lilac and small bits of molly.
Knit using US size 4 and 5 circs.
Ravelers find it here.

March Madness isn't just for college basketball fans you know.  It can also refer to the unpredictable weather in Kansas...including a blizzard just five days after 80 degree temperatures! We're just getting back from a week of skiing in Colorado, and I knit a couple of ski masks for the kiddos in an attempt to keep them nice and toasty on the slopes.  Sadly, they didn't need them as it was 53 degrees at the top of the mountain!  So we enjoyed skiing in just bibs and henleys, and no masks or caps at all!

IMG_6454

From a knitting perspective I was, of course, a little miffed.  From a skier's...yeah, not so much.  So this morning when we awoke to several inches of snow and more steadily falling all day, I was more than pleased to bundle both kids up... ski masks included!

I used Anitfreeze by Jenna Adorno.  Great pattern!  And it knits up very quickly.  I love the ribbing on the neck, and of course, for Annabelle, the pigtail holes on either side of the cap.  The only real modification I made to the pattern was opting for ribbing around the face opening.  Annie can easily put goggles underneath, or slip it under her chin (as seen above).  I also used Malabrigo, which keeps her nice and warm (so thick), but isn't the least bit scratchy (because Malabrigo is some sort of magical yarn that refuses to acknowledge that yes, it is indeed wool!). 

IMG_6452

I wish I had some pix of Ben wearing his... but he's much too busy to be bothered at the moment.  I had to snap these of Lulu in a matter of seconds, before she jumped off the porch!  Maybe I'll be able to capture a few of Ben's as well afterwhile...he opted for camo.  Imagine that!

IMG_6457

I do have a few more projects in the works... Andy's Cobblestone is nearly 90% complete, and I have a pair of mittens on the needles for a silent auction at school.  I should have photos of both before too long!

I haven't had much time for posting lately, but I have been knitting!  And it's so nice when you get to see your kids getting to wear and enjoy some of those knits!  Hope everyone is well!  Happy Knitting!

----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Leslie  DATE: 03/28/2009 11:03:34 AM Hey, you're back to blog land! This pattern is great, and I love the photos of your little cutie. We haven't gotten the snow yet...just lots and lots of rain. It's starting to freeze now and we may get snow this afternoon. Yuck.
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Laura D.  DATE: 03/28/2009 03:40:04 PM deep enough for ya??....we got a dusting and you got our snow!!! i will enjoy the melt off and 40 degree temps if you continue to watch it snow for me...lol. love the hats!! stay warm!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment