Missoni

October 11, 2010

Fall Arrival & Flint Hill

Flint Hill Cowl
Flint Hill by Jennifer Adams
Project Specs:
Knit in Magnum by Cascade Yarns, 2 skeins in #9459 Yakima Heather.
Knitted on one pair straight needles or one 20"‚ circular needle in size US 15.

It's here!  And just in time for Autumn.  The leaves had just begun to turn here, but after a Sunday rainstorm the landscape has changed overnight.  And along with the rain came cooler weather.  Perfect time to begin on Fall and even Christmas knitting.

Flint Hill is now available for purchase on Ravelry.  A super fast project to match the super bulky yarn, Flint Hill knits up in just a couple of days.  As a matter of fact I think the blocking time is longer than the knit itself!


I've been taken with cowls for some time, and most recently with larger scarf-sized cowls, that can wrap more than once; or be worn around the head and neck simultaneously.  Flint Hill manages both perfectly.  Cascade's Magnum yarn is so light and airy (imagine Peruvia's big brother), that I was able to design a large scarf, 60"x8", without adding weight.  After finishing the piece I soaked it for a bit in Euculan and then draped it over the towel rack to dry.  Doing so really intensified how the cowl drapes, making it easy to slip on and off.


After finishing the pattern I was initially worried that it might be a little finicky to style. But Amy, one of our instructors, proved it was a sinch (see first photo).  She slipped it over her head and it looked perfect!  Thankfully I had my camera on me and snapped a photo right then and there.

We're all having a hard time keeping our hands off of it at the yarn shop.  Every time one of us walks by the display we adjust it.  I've yet to see a styling I haven't loved! 


----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: whitney  DATE: 10/11/2010 03:51:31 PM I love this!!
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: amy  DATE: 10/12/2010 08:08:49 PM oh my gosh, i feel famous! i have made it to the front page of Jen's blog! thanks for making me look good Jen! and the cowl....oh the cowl, it's a must make! go knit it up folks!
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Leslie  DATE: 10/18/2010 10:05:02 AM This is so great! My daughter would definitely love this.
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Jennifer  DATE: 10/19/2010 07:11:05 AM Thanks guys! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment