Missoni

February 4, 2008

Playtime Petit Fours

Pattern Specs:
Knit in Nashua Handknits Creative Focus, cotton.
Knitted on size US 3 needles.

I am so excited about this little pattern!  Growing up, I loved to have afternoon tea with all my stuffed buddies.  I would set the table, put on my prettiest dress with my mother's purse and shoes, and round up the gang for at least thirty minutes of uninterrupted "conversation."  Thankfully, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and Annabelle enjoys afternoon tea as much as I did!

And what afternoon tea is complete without something sweet?  For we Southern girls, that translates into Petit Fours.  Sweet little cakes that disappear with one bite (if your mouth is big enough).  Most tea-times were adorned with Oreos, or Chips Ahoy, but once in a blue moon... Petit Fours.

Robin's Egg Blue Petit Four
For the last two weeks my email has been flooded with busy moms planning the Valentine's party for our kiddos.  And with the flurry of activity and correspondence, I decided to do something a bit different.  Something that would last longer than the time it took for my daughter to pull off the wrapper and inhale whatever sweet was inside.  Hence, Playtime Petit Fours.  I knitted these using Nashua Creative Focus cotton dk and US 3 DPN's.  These little treats are so quick and easy to knit you could knit them in any number of colors or patterns of colors.  I chose to knit several wrappers first, and the embellishments whenever I had a spare moment.  Then, when I was ready to complete a petit four, all I had to do was knit the icing top and assemble the different parts.


I hope you enjoy Playtime Petit Fours.  Annabelle is gifting hers in little boxes with pretty ribbons.  And thankfully I have several prototypes on the shelf for she and her stuffed buddies to devour at tea tomorrow.  So as long as Annabelle wants to assemble her friends for afternoon tea, Mom will have Petit Fours to go around!

Tea time treats on a family heirloom quilt.
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Alice  DATE: 02/04/2008 10:45:25 PM Oh my goodness, every little girl needs these--including my Camdyn! They are just too cute and perfect for playtime. When I was little we always served "dolly donuts" (Cheerios ;) during teatime!
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Ulla  DATE: 02/05/2008 04:51:59 AM Love them!!!! Left a note and a link on my blog, telling about your wonderful petit fours. I need to make some for my little niece. She is going to adore them - that I know for sure.....
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Jennifer  DATE: 02/05/2008 08:36:00 AM Thanks for the link Ulla! I can't wait to see your petit fours! And dolly donuts? That's great... I'm sure Camdyn loves dolly donuts too! :-)
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Leslie  DATE: 02/05/2008 03:09:16 PM Thanks for sharing this pattern! These are so cute.
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Myriam  DATE: 02/09/2008 04:29:22 PM Oh super cute pattern!! Thanx for sharing!!! Can't wait to make some.
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Jennifer  DATE: 02/09/2008 08:08:33 PM Thanks guys! :-)
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: rina  DATE: 12/29/2008 07:30:11 AM Many thanks for the BEAUTIFUL pattern .I like it so much !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment