Missoni

March 4, 2008

Are You Dead or What?


Are you dead or what?  This is the oh-so polite question asked of me by my son, Ben, last week as I lay grunting and moaning on the couch.  Ugh.  Double ugh.  Influenza.  And not just me, the whole lot of us have been down with the flu for several days now.  Our doctor thinks I caught that lovely strand that is wreaking havoc on the West Coast, and subsequently passed it on to everyone in our house.  But thankfully Andy and the kids were able to catch theirs in time and get on the wonder drug, Tamiflu. 

So that's where I've been!  And am thankful I'm not dead or what.  But I am ashamed to say my knitting has been DOA.  I haven't knitted diddly-squat in over a week.  But I'm hoping inspiration struck early this morning and I've been working out a pattern using more yummy Malabrigo.  Check back later this week for more details.

As for the little guy seen above.  I don't know.  Really I don't.  It's some sort of Baby Whatchimacallit-Thingermagig for Annabelle.  He was the first attempt I've made in over a week regarding knitting.  Or maybe he's Hyde to my Jekyll!  Andy's always said I turn into a grumpy monster when I'm sick...


----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: julie  DATE: 03/04/2008 12:35:21 PM Kids really know what to say to make you feel better don't they?! Mind you I often think that as mummies we're not really allowed to be sick - we certainly don't get any recovery time for as soon as we can stand up again it's full on with the chores! Hope you're feeling a bit better and can gently recover with a spot of relaxing knitting! ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Jennifer  DATE: 03/04/2008 12:41:11 PM Isn't that the truth? But I did enjoy reading your blog this morning, and your adorable Mother's Day card from your daughter. Maybe I can knit a spell, read a spell, then attend to the derailed train we are presently calling home! :-S
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Leslie DATE: 03/04/2008 03:11:22 PM Glad you're alive, but that creature does look a bit scary! Something about the pale yarn and the wild black hair...
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Jennifer  DATE: 03/04/2008 06:17:26 PM Mwha-ha-ha! (that's too funny.)
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Crystal  DATE: 03/04/2008 08:11:57 PM OH NO! I've had it too. My blog is DOA, my knitting is DOA, I'm DOA. LOL I caught in on a Friday night so I didn't get any Tamiflu either. I'm just now starting to feel human and it's going on 2 weeks. BLAH! Feel better soon family!
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Jennifer  DATE: 03/04/2008 08:37:22 PM Hang in there Crystal! Once you get past the "just shoot me" day it's all downhill. :-)
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Myriam DATE: 03/05/2008 05:19:32 PM Hope you slowly feeling better-i have been as well since the weekend-UGH Your little creature is actually quite cute-i like him-maybe its th wildness of him :)
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Jennifer  DATE: 03/05/2008 08:11:50 PM Golly--who's not sick? I'm sorry to hear that Myriam! Take it easy... BTW, here's an update for all we sickos... my doctor told me last week that next year all 3 components for the flu shot are being changed. Apparently the shot didn't do much at all this year, with everyone getting the flu anyway. Double ugh!
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Shannon  DATE: 03/06/2008 06:02:00 PM This photo makes me smile...even though I too now have the flu. :(
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Jennifer DATE: 03/06/2008 06:56:36 PM Oh no! So much for mittens now huh? You can reward yourself with those when you feel like it again... which should be in about 2 weeks. Get better Ms. Turkey!
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Alice DATE: 03/09/2008 04:31:52 PM Glad to hear you're finally on the mend... it's really terrible when life and sickness gets in the way of knitting, right? :) I like can't wait to see what you're creating out of Malabrigo!

No comments:

Post a Comment