Missoni

February 10, 2008

Funny Valentines

Valentines

Playtime Petit Fours by Jennifer Adams
Ravelers find the pattern here.

While the boys are fishing today, Annabelle and I are making and wrapping valentines.  Ben's plan was to head out early this morning... his exact words were "Dad and I are getting up at 3:30, Mom."  Dad's spontaneous expression indicated I should add a couple hours to that proclamation.  And by the time they were officially out the door I had added more than a couple.   I  just wonder if they are really at the lake or at IHOP eating pancakes.

Yesterday was "errand day" as my Grandmother always called Saturday.  And I finally found some cute little "cake" boxes* for Annabelle's Petit Fours.  I think the sweetest thing about knitting these little valentines has been Annabelle's assertion early into each knit as to whom each petit four belongs to.  "This one is definitely Addison's... oh Mom, this just looks like Lanna..." I wish I had a picture of her expression as I would add beads, or leaves.  She is quite the micro-manager!

Today I plan on finishing up some unfinished knits.  I have a pair of booties lacking buttons and a bunny lacking its head.  So while Annabelle glues hearts to lollipop tags, I am going to station myself beside her at the table and knit away!

* I found small craft boxes at Michaels that are the exact size for the little petit fours.


----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Ulla  DATE: 02/10/2008 12:20:32 PM Oh, Jennifer - this post actually made me rather emotional.... You write with such love about your children - and that is also the case when you tell about their excitement on fishing and making the Valentine's gifts. You and your husband sound like the kind of parents all children should have :0) I couldn't help laughing about your son's intention to get up at 3.30 - that just shows how much he was looking forward to the fishing!!!!! The petit fours look as if they were "born" to fit their lovely boxes with beautiful ribbons!!! You really have a talent for this :0) Ulla :0)
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Leslie  DATE: 02/10/2008 06:28:03 PM I love the little boxes! The add the perfect finishing touch. I'm amazed at your productivity...I'm a slug compared with you!
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Crystal  DATE: 02/10/2008 07:06:02 PM That picture is wonderful You are such an artist!
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Jennifer in KS  DATE: 02/10/2008 07:12:21 PM My goodness, they look so delightful that I'd be surprised if Martha doesn't pick up on them somehow. Glad to run across a fellow Kansan.
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Jennifer  DATE: 02/11/2008 10:30:46 AM Thanks so much guys! Leslie you are not a slug! But I do like teasing you about your size ZERO sock needles! :-) And Jen I wish Martha would pick up on them! I'm sure her minions could do all sorts of fun things my mind can't even dream up! (FYI--Leslie is from KS too.)
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Shannon  DATE: 02/11/2008 12:23:54 PM These are absolutely amazing. I am going to add these to my must knit list!

No comments:

Post a Comment