Missoni

February 7, 2008

Sheldon

Sheldonknitting_2

Fuzzy Lamb by Barbara Prime
knitted in Berroco Peruvia, heather & Cascade 220 wool, navy,
embellished with a pair of my grandmother's antique buttons (!)
Ravelers find Sheldon here.

Meet Sheldon.  This little guy was just itching to be introduced yesterday, and therefore when we woke up and found several inches of snow on the ground,  Annabelle and I decided it was time to get started.  With Benjamin still snoozing in the bed, Annie and I pulled down several baskets of wool and played with colors until we found Sheldon.  And this little sheep was ready to go!

Sheldonface 

Sheldon was an amazingly fast knit.  With both kids home from school yesterday, I knitted off and on all day, and was still finished with this little lamb by last night.   I queued several Fuzzy Mitten patterns on Ravelry just a couple days ago, but Fuzzy Lamb stood out.  Mainly because it was free.  (There!  I said it!)  And the pattern was so easy to follow that I'm looking forward to knitting a couple more, and then there are the bunnies... thankfully I have plenty of wool!  So there are more fun projects that are almost-instant gratification!

And speaking of instant gratification, I published Playtime Petit Fours on Ravelry and NIK Monday evening around 10:00 and woke up Tuesday morning to find this knitted by Crystal in West Virginia!   That girl is fast!  You can find more of Crystal's knits at her blog Backyard Academy, where Crystal has been knitting "a thing a day" which I think is a really fun idea. 

And finally, I have been tagged with "You Make My Day," by Minerva Turkey.  Thank you so much Ms. Turkey!  Shannon is such a great knitter with a great eye for color.  But I think my favorite knit (and many other folks as well) is her Backyard Gnome by Alan Dart.  As a matter of fact, it may be my favorite version of Dart's famous Gnome.   And I'm guessing the idea with this honor is that you "tag" someone too.  So I'm going to have to tag my friend across the pond, Ulla, and you can find her fabulous goodies at her blog, Lille-Ursus, or her website.  Ulla's ability to pick out amazing fabrics just "ain't" fair to we American chicks.  She has  Scandinavian-minimalism down pat!  A style which I adore, and swear I am going to do in my own home as soon as my children are out the door and I can actually have "white" without having a meltdown simultaneously.  (She's got a recipe thrown in there as well... yum-mo  and many thanks Ulla!)

----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Ulla  DATE: 02/07/2008 11:36:42 AM Oh, Jennifer :0) You really made me SO happy, emotional and proud by saying that I make your day ....And the wonderful things you have written about me, went straight to my heart.... When I discovered your beautiful knitting and wonderful comments (which always make me laugh) on flickr, I knew that a special person was found. I admire your gift for knitting and creating new ideas. And even more the amazing and caring person I can feel - more and more - behinde the screen.... Thanks a lot again! You definitely also make MY day - every day!! Ulla :0)
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Alice  DATE: 02/07/2008 11:52:06 AM I love Sheldon! He's adorable and his knitting totally rocks :)
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Jennifer  DATE: 02/07/2008 11:54:56 AM Yeah, his mind was made up on a little brooklyntweed garter scarf. ;-)
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Crystal  DATE: 02/07/2008 01:15:29 PM Sheldon is ADORABLE!! He's totally in my queue! Thanks for the pattern and the "mention" btw!
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Leslie  DATE: 02/07/2008 02:15:11 PM Sheldon is adorable! And you have the fastest needles in Kansas!
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Claire  DATE: 02/08/2008 03:08:53 PM He is such a cute little lamb, great photos too!
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Jennifer  DATE: 02/08/2008 05:11:35 PM Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment