Missoni

February 12, 2008

Nate Needs A Date

Frogfront

Frog Prince by Emily Stoneking (Crafty Hedgehog)
knitted in Berroco Peruvia, leaf green, using US size 3 needles
Ravelers find Nate here.
  
Meet Nate.  Nate is a flirtatious charmer with a fantastic personality.  Fun loving and spontaneous, Nate loves naps by the stream, sunbathing, and insect collecting.  Nate is the sensitive sort, hoping to find that special someone looking for more than just a physical attraction, but someone who will love him for who he is.   No doubt about it ladies, Nate could be your Prince Charming...

Frogupclose

Now tell me, who could resist this face?  Nate is a hottie.  That is for sure!  And we are all in love with him at our house.  Made for Annabelle's good friend, Alex, Nate is just what the doctor ordered to make any child giggle uncontrollably.  I know, I've got two that have had the giggles since Nate was introduced. 
Nate is Crafty Hedgehog's (aka Emily Stoneking's) Frog Prince.  And this was such a fun, fast knit!  I started Nate yesterday after finally putting the buttons on Noah's Bootees and was finished with him this evening.  It doesn't seem right that something so small would even take that long, but there is quite a bit of placement and seaming.  And I probably took longer than necessary on deciding what position I wanted his little legs and arms in.  (Okay, truth is I was playing with the frog!  I'm telling you, he is so stinkin' cute!)
I have a seemingly unending supply of Berroco Peruvia in my stash.  I have no earthly idea how I ended up with so much of the stuff.  And green!  I have several shades of green, all of which will undoubtedly go into more froggies.  The only thing that is driving me nuts about this particular yarn is that it keeps pulling apart when seaming.  I used the same yarn for Sheldon and had the same experience.  It's quite frustrating.  But I'll muddle through considering I have about 600 grams of it.  (I know!  Really, I have no idea...)

Frog

But I won't complain too much about the yarn, Nate turned out so darn adorable.  So for this evening, I think I'm actually going to shut down this computer, find my green froggie pajamas, and settle little Nate in on the nightstand next to the bed.  Daisy the cat has been stalking him for a couple hours now and I don't want her getting any big ideas once it's lights out.  And then tomorrow Nate will be boxed up with a pretty green ribbon and hand-delivered to his new home.  We'll miss the little guy around here, but it's good to know that maybe Nate, had a date, all along!


----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Crystal  DATE: 02/12/2008 12:03:31 AM Oh, he's just as handsome as he can be! Perfect yarn choice too! 
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Leslie  DATE: 02/12/2008 07:34:35 AM Rrrribbit! I mean, cute! Looks like a fun little knit. With all that yarn, you could knit a pond-full! 
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Jennifer DATE: 02/12/2008 10:04:13 PM Thanks guys! Nate's bringing sexy back. 
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Myriam  DATE: 02/13/2008 12:54:57 PM Super Adorable!!! i wouldn't want to kiss him to turn him into a prince-he's perfect they way he is. Have fun knitting frogs :) 
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Alice  DATE: 02/14/2008 11:21:50 PM Nate is great! He is the perfect shade of green. I'll totally admit to playing with the toys I knit too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment