Missoni

January 15, 2008

An Itty-Bitty Diversion

Booties
Saartje's Booties by Saartje de Bruijn
knitted in Lang Jawoll Aktion
Ravelers see them here.

I was in serious need of a diversion yesterday. I just wasn't in the mood to start my second mitten. So instead I knitted a test bootie from Saartje de Bruijn's adorable pattern. And I loved the pattern so much that I got a jump start on my baby knitting for this spring. One pair down...

Testbootie_2
 My test bootie (I always do that for some reason?) was knitted in Paton's Classic Wool on US size 3's, and was really cute, but would rather fit a 6 to 9 month old. And I love Adrian's version of the booties, knitted in her own whacked out gorgeous yarn, so I dug around and found some Lang Jawoll Aktion sock yarn that would certainly never be used for socks! It's no Hello Yarn, but I like the colorway none the less. (... doubled up... not interested in a "faux isle" bootie!)



 I'm ready to hit the sticks again and finish my second Norwegian now. Sometimes I've got to walk away from a knit to regroup and want to finish it. I could certainly plow on through, but who wants to "plow through" a great knit? When I get in that mode I make mistakes. So today is about making definite progress on my mitten so I can get those bad girls blocked!

No comments:

Post a Comment