Missoni

January 23, 2008

All Aboard!

Juniorconductor

Kiddie Cadet by Alice Schenbly
knitted in Rowan Classic Cotton Jeans, blue jeans
Ravelers see it here.

My Jr. Conductor has an official Jr. Conductor's hat. And Annabelle is so excited about it! She wanted to wear her new hat to school today, but I hadn't sewn the bottom side of the brim on yet, and reluctantly she agreed to let me finish it.

What an absolutely delightful pattern Kiddie Cadet is! I finished the hat last night watching the Australian Open, and finished the brim this morning. The pattern was so easy to follow and made complete sense as I was knitting. The only thing I got flipped around on was adding the brim. Which is no surprise, because I always think I have the right side facing me, but I never do. Being left handed I get turned around! So the only thing different about mine is there is an extra row of garter ridges on the brim, and on the short rows I had to switch to purl when the directions called for knit and vice versa. But it was an easy adjustment and there were no hang-ups. And the extra garters worked perfectly for sewing the underside of the brim to.



Annieangle 

I chose to make Annabelle's with the child-size pattern. I would normally knit the toddler for her, but this is my first time using Rowan's Cotton Jeans, and knew the hat would need to be able to endure both the washer and (possibly) a low-heat dryer. So I went up a size to allow for shrinkage. And even before being properly blocked the hat fits her well, even sitting just above her ears as denoted in the pattern.
So kudos to Alice! I love this hat! And will probably be forced to now knit one for myself using this great yarn again as well! So for all the NIK readers out there looking for a fun, fast, and adorable kiddie knit, I say All-Aboard for Kiddie Cadet!

----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: julie DATE: 01/24/2008 05:32:36 AM the hat looks great and Annabelle makes a great model!
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Leslie  DATE: 01/24/2008 06:59:23 AM Nice job! And your daughter is completely adorable!
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Jennifer  DATE: 01/24/2008 11:11:13 AM Annabelle's not speaking to me today because I won't take off her hat!
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: mchats  DATE: 02/02/2008 08:48:54 PM Great work!

No comments:

Post a Comment