Missoni

February 10, 2011

Shawl Crazy.

Shaelyn Shawl, [ jenleigh ]'s version.
Shaelyn by Leila Raabe
Project Specs:
Knit in Kauni Effektgarn in colorway EN.
Knitted on size US 8 circulars.

All the snowfall has made me stir crazy, which has made me shawl crazy.  I love how quickly shawls can knit up... and wonder why it took me so long to jump on board this train.  I've knit three in the last few weeks and have worn them all numerous times.  This is Shaelyn, by Leila Raabe and I am really pleased with how it turned out.  I've had two balls of Kauni for a couple of years now and couldn't decide on the right project for them.  When I saw this pattern I thought the long colorways of the Kauni would be perfect for the scalloped lace detail in the pattern.

I knit an extra pattern repeat to end with the brown colorway instead of cream.
It took less than one ball of Kauni (roughly 440 yards) to complete this project.  And that's including an extra pattern repeat.  I really wanted the shawl to end with a brown edging instead of cream, and thankfully it came out just right.

This is such an easy yet elegant pattern that's perfect for TV knitting.  With rows of stockinette tucked between simple lace work, it would be fairly difficult to really lose your place.  Although, I did manage to do so a couple of times!  As usual! 
I really loved working with the Kauni as well.  Don't fret if you've begun a project with it and wondered if you had indeed found a yarn rougher than Noro, because it really blocks well and fluffs quite a bit.  Now, in saying that, I'm not comparing it to Malabrigo!  It's a more rustic yarn that smells like a sheep! (I love that, and so does my cat.) But it does block to a nice fabric that you won't have to sacrifice comfort to wear around your neck.  Overall I think they are a perfect pairing!

Happy Knitting!

----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Lanora  DATE: 02/28/2011 04:11:43 PM Wow. That yarn goes well with your hair. Very nice!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous in every which way!! Thanks for linking it to Ravelry, I've added it to my favs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I just added you as a contact on Flickr. Thank you so much for the comment! =)

    ReplyDelete