Missoni

January 10, 2008

Hey, could you happen to be the most beautiful yarn in the world?

Cocoonupclose

I know. That's such a long title for a post, but it's how I feel about my new yarn purchase. I've been ogling and fondling (yeah, really) this yarn at my LYS, Twist, for weeks now. I think one skein actually had a hump in it from my petting it. I am in love with this yarn from Rowan. And knew that I would have to use it for my first pair of mittens, Elizabeth Zimmermann's Norwegian's from Knitter's Almanac. I'm starting this project today and am so pumped about it! I thought long and hard about a color combination, that would have a great rustic feel to it. And that would suit me! I finally decided on this...

Mittenyarn

This morning I also finished blocking the Fake Isle Hat by Amy King. What a fun and thrifty pattern! I think I still have enough left from two different Kureyon skeins to knit one more. Andy walked past it and asked who it was for, then he really looked at it and said, "Ah, for you. That just looks like you." I agree. I really love the shades of charcoal and blue. But, I've already got someone in mind for it, so now I really must knit another!

Fakeisleside_3

Fake Isle Hat by Amy King
knitted in Noro Kureyon, 195
Cascade 220 Heathers, 9452 
Ravelers see it here.

COMMENT: AUTHOR: Alice  DATE: 01/10/2008 01:02:11 PM Oooh, I can't wait to see these mittens! I love the colors you chose. The yarn looks awesome as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment