Missoni

February 17, 2012

Jennifer, Where You At?

...well I'm right here, sitting on a pillow.  And not just any pillow.  A big fluffy please-cushion-my-worn-out-tush sort of pillow.  I have been working for days (and nights) updating and moving files from my old site.  And in the words of Sheryl Crow, "I'm living on coffee and nicotine*..."

I had been severely neglecting things at NIK for the past couple of years.  I had made the occasional post, but with too many other irons in the fire I couldn't give it the attention it deserved.   I'm now looking forward to moving it to the top of my "queue!" 

As I've sorted through everything this week I've been making lists.  All sorts of lists!  Lists that need to merge with other lists, lists that need to be trashed.  I've got lists everywhere!  My dad is king of the LIST.  No matter how great or small the task, you'll get the same declaration from him... "Add it to the LIST!"  (Word is he's been known to even add things after the fact, just to mark them off.)

In making all my lists I discovered I have a pile of knits I have finished and photographed, but never wrote about.  I have them cataloged on my project page in Ravelry, but that's as far as I got.  Above is a collage of some of my favorite knits over the last couple of years, as well as a favorite hank of hand-spun that I dyed as well.  I'm still learning to spin, so needless to say it ended up more like rope than yarn.  But rope works great for slippers!  And Annabelle is still wearing her Slippers from Scratch!

So it's back to work I go.  Thank goodness for fluffy pillows and caffeine!  

Happy Knitting! 

*I can't even pretend to be a smoker.  I never learned to inhale properly and may be the only person alive who knew exactly what the President meant...

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous projects, and your photography is amazing. Glad to see you back in the blog habit.

    ReplyDelete