Missoni

January 7, 2008

Coffee & Tarts

Andy went to his first "Power Cycling" class this morning at 5:30. I don't think he intended to wake me up, but searching for a pair of sneakers you haven't worn in a year and a half will wake anybody up. So, up I got, and thought you might get a kick out of seeing the seriousness of my coffee addiction (see my About page). Here we are at 5:43 by my oven clock...

543

and again at 5:44... same clock.

545_2

Some may call it a problem, I call it a gift...

And I have to tell you I am a little bit freaking out right now. As of 3:00 this afternoon, I have had more than 200 visitors to the January Hat post today. That's a whole lotta people for a prairie wife. As a matter of fact I called Andy at work and sent him a copy of the pattern to proof for me one more time. (This is where his being Editor-in-Chief of his law school's law review comes in handy.) And he, once again, reminded me that he does not knit! And has no idea what any of it means. But you know, when you're freaking out, just having someone there to freak out at, helps a whole bunch. So, those of you who do decide to knit the January Hat, please let me know, send me a picture! I can't wait to see what you do with it! That's one thing I love the most about knitting... how we can take someone's pattern and revamp it into our own. Making something to suit you is a great luxury with knitting. And one I take full advantage of!

Now on to my latest FO. I just finished blocking Baby Tart by Cinnamon Cooper. This hat was a booger. But I think it turned out fairly well. It wasn't so much the bobbles that gave me a fit, it was the decrease! By the time I got into the decrease, and had to keep flipping back and forth in the instructions... bobble pattern, bobble decrease pattern, hat decrease pattern... I was completely turned upside down, and ended up winging the last of it. But I should have known this hat was going to be trouble from the start when I had to email the designer and ask, "Umm... where does it say how many stitches to cast on?." Yep, there were dark clouds gathering. But, I think baby Chloe will look adorable in it none the less!

Babytart

Baby Tart by Cinnamon Cooper
Ravelers see it here.

----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Grace  DATE: 01/07/2008 04:15:09 PM Ooo that Baby Tart hat is so cute! Congrats for receiving so many hits to your hat pattern. It is a great hat so you definitely deserve it! I think I may just have to knit one for my niece. :)
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Jennifer Adams  DATE: 01/07/2008 04:41:57 PM Thanks Grace! I told Alice if either of you do knit it, I've got dibs on the pic for Ravelry! BTW, I just went yarn shopping and found some pretty yarn for my first pair of norwegian mittens. :-S
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Shannon DATE: 01/07/2008 04:48:46 PM That tart is absolutely adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment